When one gets the learner permit one should abide by the restrictions of such permit regarding where and when to drive. Learners should always obey the restrictions of learner permit. One need to complete Driver Education Course under one high school or college or must go through 5 hours of Pre-licensing course. The learner must come for the road test NY after going through a recommended amount to of supervised practice. One needs to undergo supervised training under various road conditions as at night or moderate traffic. If any learner is below 18 years of age then one need to wait for 6 months at least from the date of receiving the learner permit to go for the road test.
Table of Contents
What to practice for a Road Test?
- Try to practice the steering much smoothly and try to drive straight ahead. You need to practice the backing and turning of steering perfectly.
- Acceleration should be practiced moderately and you should not race with the engine.
- You must know to bring the vehicles to stop perfectly without any jerk. Don’t go to racing the engine.
- You must know to bring the vehicle to a sudden stop. Avoid abrupt stop and make sure that your vehicles positioned properly.
- Make sure that you use the correct gear. You can use the manual, automatic or transmission and go for shifting the proper gear. Make sure that there is no grinding of the gears.
- Consider the speed limit and try to adjust the speed according to the weather, visibility and the condition of the traffic.
Is practice under supervision required before Road test?
Practice under supervision is definitely important to learn driving. For young people who have not attained the age of 18, it is highly recommended. They should take at least 50 hours of practice under supervision before going for the road test. It is worth mentioning here that in these 50 hours of practice one should include a minimum of 15 hours of practice at night. Along with it 10 hours of practice in moderate traffic would improve the practice of the learner. Remember the guardian or parent of this young learner needs to furnish the Certification of Supervised Driving in their road test. Although this is compulsory for young people under 18 years it is always recommended that all driving learning irrespective of their age must go through this type and amount of practice.